Friday, March 11, 2011

Score!

Can you say SPRING FEVER! We have it bad. Probably has something to do with the fact that we haven't had time to even do any of the fun things winter has to offer. We didn't even go sledding once this year. Yuck. Last night as we finished up dinner, Brett and I were both antsy to do something, so he suggested a trip to the library. I know...whoo. But hey, at least it was something. :-)

When we got there we saw some big signs saying there was a book sale in the basement. I've always wanted to go and have never made it, so Brianna and I headed downstairs while Brett ran herd on the big kids. When they say book sale, they MEAN book sale! There were probably almost as many books in that basement as upstairs. And the most expensive? $.50. Woot! So, needless to say, with the rugrats running around upstairs and me lugging Brianna, I didn't look long. But right inside the door was a table labeled 'free', so yeah, had to check that out. And what did I find, you might ask?


Yay! Raise your hand if you read Judy Blume as a kid! I was pretty excited. I recently re-read the first Boxcar Children book and loved it, so I thought these would be fun to add to my library. Plus, it won't be very much longer before Kylee is into chapter books, and I think she's going to be a book hog like me, so hopefully she'll enjoy some of her mom's classics.

1 comment:

  1. My hand is raised! Many fond memories of those exact books. Particularly the Fudge ones. Nice haul and nice family activity. We need to try that one of these nights.

    ReplyDelete