Friday, March 18, 2011

Brianna's Paddy's Day Outfit

I finally finished Brianna's new outfit for St. Patrick's Day today, and I just couldn't wait to share it! (In my defense, I've been busy caring for a sick baby who couldn't care what day it is, so I'm not to upset about being a day late. Besides, which a name like Brianna Shea McDermott, she deserves to have the luck of the Irish all year long!)

I started with a plain white t-shirt I found on clearance at WalMart for $1....yep, a buck! Then I added the shamrocks...they're made out of hearts cut from various green fabrics and attached to the shirt with heat 'n bond before sewing them on. Then I sewed the stems.

When I finally finished the shirt, I decided to make her some leggings/tights to go with, since green is not a common color in her wardrobe. I followed the tutorial here at Made By Rae, and it was slick! I think it took me all of 5 minutes! I added the ruffle bum as an afterthought. 

It's a lot cuter before she stretches them out, I should have put the ruffles closer together. Also, the knit fabric I used seemed to be SO stretchy, but I guess not. These are a bit tight on her. 

Then I rounded it all off with a new headband clip of green rosettes, using the same fabric from the shamrocks and the leggings. I think I may add a little pearl in the middle, what do you think?


 I think the entire outfit may have cost me $1.50, $2 tops.

3 comments:

  1. Good Work! That is an adorable outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I've always wanted to make Hallie a shirt like that, but have never gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete