Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Walk Down Memory Lane

I know, that's such a cheezy line, but I just couldn't help myself. Brett and I drove to Boise and back on Monday. He attended an alumni luncheon at BSU for the College of Engineering, and I walked around campus with my camera.



I was in heaven! I got lost on campus several times, due to the addition of new buildings where buildings shouldn't be (cause they interrupt my shortcuts!). But I eventually made it to the edge of campus and to this little church, which I've always wanted to photograph. The wind was howling like a banshee at the time, and I felt a little silly walking around by myself, so I certainly didn't do it justice. But I had fun anyway.



This fantastic old wooden door was on the back of the church, and I couldn't help myself. Jolene would LOVE to get her hands on this door. Again, I just didn't do it justice.



I found another new gem on campus (I have no idea if it's really new, or if I just never found it before). They have this outdoor ampitheater that I thought was pretty interesting (photographically speaking). But there was a dude sitting on the lower end of the ampitheater, so I snapped a shot of the upper end and the beautiful blooming trees.



Then I headed across Friendship Bridge over the Boise River to Julia Davis Park.
The bridge:



The view from the bridge:

The view of the bridge:


The park:




This was by far our favorite place to be when we lived in Boise/Nampa. It's the most beautiful park I've ever seen. Here's the Lady Davis herself:



And one of the park's occupants:




If I remembered right, this little building is the one Terrel (Brett's dad) said was his school house when he grew up in Marsing. They moved it to the park as part of this little historical walk. It's even smaller than it looks!

The park has the most amazing rose garden I've ever seen. Unfortunately, it wasn't in bloom yet, but I've seen it and it's pretty cool.



And the trees in this place! There's just no way to describe the beautiful trees here. They provide this little haven in the middle of downtown Boise, and it was definitely a sanctuary for us small-town kids when we moved there.

2 comments: