Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bad Brakes, a Good Birthday, and a Spring Snowstorm!

Well, we've been really busy the last few weeks, if anyone was wondering where I've disappeared to. Spring break was last week, and we kicked it off with a trip to Island Park with my family. We had a great time, but as I've spend the last two days uploading pics for blog posts in the family blog, and my sister's blog, I'm not going to repeat it here. There are some hilarious pics though, so if you want to check it out go to our family blog at www.wsmcbridecrew.blogspot.com

The brakes on our car managed to survive the Ashton hill, though I was a bit nervous before we set out. The brakes have been growling and grinding for weeks now, and we just haven't gotten around to fixing them. Brett finally did them last Saturday, and I took a pic of the rotors to show you how bad they were. For those of you who've seen rotors before, these are bad!




Sunday was my birthday, and I got some pretty cool stuff! Brett surprised me with a telephoto lens for my camera, so I spent all day taking random pics. Most of them turned out horribly (I have a lot to learn!) but some were pretty cool. We went to Mom's for dinner (she made me pork verde!) and I got a lot of shots of the family playing the Wii.













Amy's bright idea for a candle:
















All during the day we were watching an incoming spring snowstorm. By the time we came home from Blackfoot, the roads were getting pretty ugly. Brett decided to get off the interstate at the first Idaho Falls exit, and this is what the road looked like. It was a good thing he did, because Mom called a few minutes after we got home to tell us the interstate had been closed!



And because my camera was in my lap, and the sunset was awesome, I experimented a little:



But now I'm back to school and busy once again. It was a great birthday and an awesome spring break!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! (again) I'm glad you had a great time with your family! Your kids are getting so big, and of course cute as always!

    ReplyDelete