Monday, April 23, 2012

Ian Connor McDermott

So yeah...a LOT has happened since my last post. I can't believe it's already been so long! But, since this is what has kept us the most occupied, I'm going to start here and maybe work my way backwards. :-) 

Yep, he's finally here! We are now a family of six...yikes! Ian Connor McDermott was born on Wednesday, April 18 at 11:49 a.m. He weighed in at 8lb 7oz (the exact weight of his big brother!) and 21 1/2" long (again, same as his brother!). We were expecting a little baby, both because of the ultrasound results and our previous experience of our babies getting smaller each time. But no go, this little guy was not interested in being the runt. :-)

The kids spent the night before with Grandma Kathy (which was far more anticipated than having a new baby in the house). They were all pretty excited when they got to come meet him though. Brianna was a little cautious...for about 10 seconds, or long enough to devour the leftover brownie from Mom's lunch. :-) Since then, she's been completely in love with "her baby". After a bit of a visit, the kids got to go home with Dad for their "pizza party", a tradition that was started last time when Brianna was born. They get to go pick out new movies and lots of junk food, then have pizza for dinner before the movie. They were talking about that for weeks before too!

All in all...we are SO glad to have this little man here!
This was the best we got for a belly shot...and since it was taken at 4:30 a.m., I'm pretty proud to have remembered to do it!


The delivery was so strange to me this time, since the epidural left me more numb than I've been with any of the others, and I couldn't even tell what was going on. People think I'm joking, but I honestly didn't do ANYTHING!  Thus, the goofy grin on my face...

Our first family photo...that will SOON be replaced! :-)
















No comments:

Post a Comment