Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was crazy this year, as always! We spent most of the month of December listening to Christmas music, decorating, baking, and learning more about Jesus. Our Primary gave the kids a reading schedule for the weeks leading up to Christmas of scriptures in which the birth of Christ was fortold. It was really fun to read those with the kids and try to keep more of our focus on Jesus. Kylee now prays that we will remember his birth in most of her dinner/bedtime prayers. :-)

Kylee had her school program the last day of classes, on the 16th. It was really great having her home for the whole week leading up to Christmas, and I think she was super excited about it too. She did great in the program and was singing her songs for days before and many days after the performance.
Kinda hard to see, but Kylee is wearing a yellow/white striped shirt, and she's right in the middle.


I decided that I wanted to do some Christmas "mini" sessions this year to utilize some of the ideas I've been storing. I had a couple of friends decide to do it, so I was able to do some pics of Aedan and Brianna while I had the backdrops all set up. I had good intentions of doing Kylee's when she was home from school...eventually. :-) We still haven't done hers, so we're missing the 'J' in our 'Joy'. :-) I think I'll still do it even though Christmas is over just so I can have the complete set.

 







I continued last year's "tradition" of not taking a single photo of Christmas day. Someday I'll probably be sorry, but in the moment it's so much easier to enjoy when I'm not juggling the camera! Either way, we had a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment