Thursday, August 18, 2011

10 Years Ago Today...

Wow, it's hard to believe I am writing this post. Ten years ago today, I married my best friend. Against all odds (which included parents ;) we got married VERY young. Well, I was VERY young, Brett was just a bit young. We were silly, in love, and we knew better than everyone else. Unfortunately, I've learned that we did NOT know better than everyone else. Fortunately, I now know that we WERE indeed right about this.

When I look back, I am amazed at the steps that were taken for us to reach that point. I am amazed that somehow I felt everything would be all right, even though I wasn't getting a temple marriage. I like to think that it was what I was supposed to do at the time. Somehow, two and a half years after these photos were taken, miracles started happening in my life that led to the biggest miracle of all, being sealed to my best friend forever. There are so many people who had a hand in that particular event, and I think I need to make sure I thank them, soon. Brett would say they saved him or changed his life for the better. I would say they were taking part in a series of miracles that were meant FOR me. :-)

I have to say, the more time goes on, the less I like my wedding photos. :-) I've been planning and plotting this blog post for awhile, and now that I'm actually putting the pictures here for everyone to see....yikes. Hopefully soon we'll have some new family photos to compare with our 18/19 year old selves.






I have to add a Happy Birthday to Mom McD...and thanks for sharing your day with us! We love you!

I'm so glad someone (probably Mom) thought to have this picture included. This is my great Aunt Fern, and I think this was the last formal portrait of her before she passed away. I will ALWAYS love this photo.

I really like this one too. This is Mom and her mom, Grandma Wowo. I think my Grandma Mac was on a mission at the time, so we don't have one with her.

Happy 10 years of Forever!

2 comments:

  1. So very cute! Congrats you guys! I am so happy for you two! You can really tell you guys were meant for each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been 10 years!!! It's amazing what great things the steps toward forever can bring huh? Congrats guys, I'm still bummed I missed that day, but so happy that we've stayed in touch. You guys look so cute and young in those pics!! It feels like it was just yesterday and forever at the same time...here's to 10 more--I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete