Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This Post is NOT About Easter. Okay, So It's About Easter

 Hahah, sorry for the enormous post title. I love after holidays when the sidebar lists of blogs are riddled with similar or identical post titles...so I thought I'd mix it up a bit. :-)

We had a great Easter this year. The sun came out and decided to warm us up a bit, which was a very welcome treat. With church being at 9 am, we told the kids we'd have to leave the eggs hidden by the bunny outside until after church, and it nearly killed them to wait. They did, however, have some special treats on the couch when they woke up, which helped prevent any mourning over the delayed egg hunt.

Luckily, Brett didn't have PEC due to the holiday, so we had a little time to spare before heading to church (for the first time since our time changed!). This allowed us to get pics of the kids in their GORGEOUS new Easter outfits that Aunt Jen bought them. These were NOT saved for the Easter bunny, because I wanted the kids to be able to tell their auntie thanks for the spoiling. :-)

Look how ridiculously cute Brianna is in this bonnet! I couldn't help using it...I thought it made her look like a Cabbage Patch doll. :-)
Unfortunately, our little setup left Ky's dress completely hidden, and I didn't have time to try another pose. This pic below is the only one I could find of her dress...totally goofy pic, but you have to see the dress!
 
 Finally, they got to put on play clothes and hunt for eggs...it took them all of 30 seconds to find the lot...I think next year might be time for some harder hiding.

The dress Ky is wearing in the next two pics, and the one Brianna is wearing below, as well as Aedan's Spiderman tie, are the ones I made them for Easter the Easter bunny left.  The dresses don't quite fit perfectly, since I couldn't try them on as I sewed, but all in all they turned out pretty dang cute!
Once in awhile Brett gets a hankering to play with my camera, which is the ONLY time a photo of me will be seen. :-) I'm not entirely sure what Ky was doing in some of these. Check out Brianna's face in the last one. :-)
  

 All in all, we had a great Easter. I hope you enjoyed your holiday too!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Brianna's face! That is too cute! You may think that the dresses don't fit perfectly, but I am sure the girls don't care. I am not brave enough to attempt a dress. I tried it last year and Chloe is just barely able to fit into it, it was so big. And it was a 3-6 month size!

    Have you become addicted to make Aedan ties? So easy and they love them, usually:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics!!! I love the last pic of Brianna's face...classic! Love your hair cut too..it probably isn't new cause we never see each other, but I never see pics of you either :)

    ReplyDelete